Wikipedia Trail



This time I'm doing a Wikipedia trail starting at EVE Online
EVE Online is an MMO space simulation game which is renowned for the freedom it gives. According to the wikipedia page, the players "engage in unscripted economic competition, warfare, and political schemes with other players". I played EVE for a while but I found it too complicated and gave up on it.
At the moment, the game stands at around half a million subscribers 

From there I went to Wind Commander which is a space simulation game from 1990. This was one of the first, if not the first space simulation game. It first released on MS-DOS initially, and many more platforms after that. 

By Source (WP:NFCC#4), Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=51354770

As you can see, Wing Commander was quite advanced for its time, when most games were as simple as Mario Brothers.

Following that, I clicked on science fiction, which is quite a broad subject, it is "a genre of speculative fiction that typically deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, time travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life."
So basically sciencey-nerdy stuff. I think that's pretty cool. Among my favourite sci-fi series is Halo, which talks about aliens killing off all humans (fun, I know).

My last article I read was apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, which I guess is a broad subject as well. As the name implies, the stories in these settings take place in a world after the collapse of modern society as we know it. Be it zombies, aliens or a disease, most of humanity dies out and we follow a character or several of them in their adventures.
Some well known of those works are the Fallout series, the Half-Life series, and the Mad Max series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game