Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Hi!

My name is Pawel, and this is an introduction to myself.
Where do I even start? Well, I like to say that I'm a full-time nerd, part-time psychonaut. I love video games like World of Warcraft (which I've previously written about) as well as tabletop RPG's like Dungeons & Dragons. I also like philosophy and fantasy books like the Stormlight Archive series (it's great, go read it).
I'm a second year Creative Digital Media student at TUD Blanchardstown. I picked this course because it covers a wide range of topics, from photography, through web development to game development, and I'm not exactly sure what I want to do once I'm finished here. 

Why a future revolutionary?
I believe that the government is a bad thing full of corrupt people and that we should disestablish it. Why is stealing food from a shop illegal but keeping a warehouse full of it while people starve perfectly fine in the eyes of the law? Anyway, I'm not gonna dwell on it as that's not the point of this essay.

What's a psychonaut?
Google it, they'll explain it better than I ever would;
"A psychonaut is a person who experiences intentionally induced altered states of consciousness and claims to use the experience to investigate his or her mind, and possibly address spiritual questions, through direct experience"
In other words, I like to meditate and dwell on the meaning of life, and in my free time, rather than go outside I prefer to explore my inner self (I'm a hippie, I know)


By the way, here's me and my dog, Tiny.
Tiny is a pit bull/staffie mix and she's the most precious thing in the world.

She protects the house from potential dangers like the postman, cats, birds and even other dogs.

When I meditate or walk tiny I will often listen to music. I like lots of genres, but my favourites are psytrance, psychill and progressive rock. Some of my favourite bands/artists include Samsara Blues ExperimentInfected Mushroom and Ott.
I try to make music in my spare time too, but so far I'm not too good at it.

That's about it about me! Thanks for sticking around :)

Comments

  1. Hi Pawel !

    I like your blog, the layout is nice, it's easy to read and follow. I didn't know you had a dog, she's lovely, will you ask her to murder the postman for me ? I listen to a bit of progressive rock, not a long, more into metal to be honest, maybe I'll have a listen to the bands you've listed above ?

    I figured you would be into W.o.w, i don't know you just gave off that vibe but I've never played it, I know, I know I'm not a true gamer, maybe one day ? Can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pawel!

    First off I would have to agree with your comments on the government and I found your explanation on why you chose this title really thought-provoking. Your outlook on being a psychonaut is really interesting, I think it's cool that you're so open to discovering more about yourself and putting more thought into why we're all here as it's something people usually shy away from.

    I will have to check out some of the music you linked. I am also a fan of progressive rock so that's something I didn't know about you. Tiny is also a great name for a pit bull/staffie mix by the way. Great blog Pawel!

    - Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pawel,
    Sounds like we both chose this course for the same reasons, hopefully we can both figure out what it is we want to do by the end of it. I totally agree with your assessment of the government and if you ever need someone to overthrow it with I'd gladly volunteer. Tiny is adorable, please let her know I love her.
    -Casper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pawel
    I loved reading about your blog and learning new things about you I can't wait to see more of your blogs and keep the great work up.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pawel,

    I think your idea on future revolutionary is really interesting, and I agree to some extend. It's really cool that you like to work on your inner self and I feel it's something everyone should do more often. Tell Tiny hello from me! She seems like she works very hard in protecting your house, send her all my love for her hard work!

    -Ingrida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pawel,

    I have never played World of Warcraft but I have always wanted to play it after watching the South Park episode about it. I am in a similar situation to yourself as I am not 100% sure what I want to do after I finish my degree. I would love to hear some of the music you make in your spare time. What software do you use to make music?

    I look forward to reading some of your future blogs.

    -Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  7. well a good day to you Pawel!

    It is very much to see that you have a clear idea of the world that you are creating in your own image as it seems very interesting and I would vote for you in this new revolutionary world that you will make. Ah a man of quality by playing the World of Warcraft and is the sign of someone who knows their idea of gaming in general and that you will do just fine in this module. My hat goes off to you and i will enjoy to read more of your blogs.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pawel
    I really enjoyed reading your introduction Blog.I like that I am not the only person to pick this course because of the large variety of topics to choose from and I am pretty sure most of us in the course are still trying to decide what we wish to pursue when finishing the course,I also love the picture of your dog tiny she looks adorable. I hope you find overall what you wish to pursue in this course in the coming years and am looking forward to reading your blogs in the future. all the best

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pawel,

    I feel like a learnt a lot about you in this blog! First off, your doggo is absolutely adorable, please let her know that I love her very much. I'm also into video games myself, though I've never played WoW. I've also been meaning to get into DnD- me and my friends are starting a campaign too which I'm very excited about. Like you, I also picked this course because of the wide range of topics so it's good to see someone in the same boat as me!

    Good luck with moving forward!
    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pawel,

    I really enjoyed getting to know you a bit more through this blog. I think we're both in this course for similar reasons! Hopefully we both get what we want out of it.
    I never knew what a psychonaut was until I read this post lol. I think it's really cool that you do meditation. I feel like it takes a lot of patience and discipline to really get into it. I was never any good at it.
    Your dog is super cute, I'm soo jealous. Great name by the way.

    Best of luck with the rest of the semester!

    -LM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Pawel,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog nice to learn new things about you I 100% agree with you about the government and that it is filled with corrupt people I feel like most people joined this course because it has such a wide variety of different medias which is a good and bad thing your dog is the cutest haha I love the name you would not think looking at her that her names tiny I like it anyway I will leave it there hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pawel,

    I loved your introduction! I have never before in my life heard of a psychonaut, so it was extremely cool to learn the meaning of it. It seems so interesting. I've always found the likes of meditation, etc, so helpful when you are in stressful times (such as the coming week with deadlines). It's a great way to relax.

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game