Review Week Comments and Feedback



So overall, I think the idea of giving feedback in the form of comments on classmate's blogs is a really good idea.
When we do that, we get feedback from the point of view of several people. I think this can be helpful because this could potentially give a person several (10 maybe even 15) ways to improve their stuff. 
Personally, I find constructive, negative comments the most useful because they show me ways in which I can improve.
I got several regarding my games and ideas for it. Thanks to them, I improved my controls system and had several ideas for smaller parts of the game and code.

In my introduction post, I mentioned I have a dog and included a photo
(here it is)
...and multiple people have commented on it, saying how cute she is! It might not be very constructive but people saying my dog is adorable is always nice to hear :)
Here are some of the comments people left:

"I didn't know you had a dog, she's lovely, will you ask her to murder the postman for me?"

"Tiny is also a great name for a pit bull/staffie mix by the way."

"Tiny is adorable, please let her know I love her."

"Tell Tiny hello from me! She seems like she works very hard in protecting your house, send her all my love for her hard work!"

"I also love the picture of your dog tiny she looks adorable."

"First off, your doggo is absolutely adorable, please let her know that I love her very much."

I actually think it would be a good idea to introduce a blog like this to more modules, but at a lesser frequency, maybe two or three blogs per module per week? This would include reading and commenting on each others' blogs. I think this could help students by allowing them to talk about basically everything that happens in a lab, which means if one student says they have trouble understanding one part of a subject, someone else may be able to explain it to them.
Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but a dedicated slack channel for every module, so they can be discussed there could be useful as well, I think.

What I didn't like was having to write comments to several randomly selected people, and instead given a list and just allowed to pick on whoever's we wanted (rather than having a random, predetermined one).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game