First Playable

Source: own image
Would I call this playable?
Yes
Would I call it fun?
No

There's more coding to this than I previously thought there would be.
So far I have made a spaceship from four stretched cubes and made it move around and rotate with W A S D. I also made a simple model for an asteroid and added scripts to make them a random scale and make them rotate in a random direction. Then I repeated them in a cube grid of 10 x 10 x 10 pattern so they make a huge cube. I still need to add offsets to the asteroids to their locations are less "regular" and it doesn't look like a massive cube.

Comments

  1. Hey Pawel,

    Well done on the progress. It's not easy when the resources that you need aren't there. Looks like you're adapting though, and using your initiative to personalise your own game. Coding is the difficult part, especially adapting it to your own needs. I assume you've combed through the Unity Assets Store for any free assets that may help you? I thought I saw some space related ones in the Standard Assets pack, but I could be wrong.

    Best of luck with the game!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game