Alpha - if you can even call it that

Everything's just going awfully.

Now that that's out of the way, what is going well?
I added a cool looking trail to my spaceship, which turns on when I accelerate and turns off when I let off.





(own screenshots, Unity3D)
There it is.
That's several days of work.

I think C# just isn't my thing.

I also added smooth camera! Rather than just dragging the "Main Camera" object under the spaceship and calling it a day, I had to spend several hours programming and whacking out code to make the camera "delay" in movement when the player accelerates or turns.

Having finished that I moved onto firing lasers.
Finally something interesting!
So far this is what I have
(own screenshot, Unity3D)
For now the lasers just kinda blink every half second, but I swear to god I will make it do things!
Would I call this an alpha?
...no
but it's still more finished than whatever Bethesda puts out

I'll be honest, I despise C# with my whole heart (because I don't understand it), but it is very satisfying once the code compiles with no errors.

Comments

  1. Hey Pawel,
    I think everyone is having trouble with unity including myself it's just a pain sometimes but overall it looks like your game is coming along I really like the spaceship I can relate to you c# is not my thing either I just struggle with it a lot anyway I will leave it there hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pawel,

    You're dead right about your game being more finished then whatever Bethesda puts out (then tries to hide player requested content by a membership.), if it helps I rather play your game over Fallout 76 !

    C# is a pain in the W*Hole*, it either doesn't works or kind of works. I recently broke a part of my game and I don't even know how !

    Anyway, I can't wait to read your blog again in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pawel.
    I totally understand your predicament. I myself have been really struggling with unity all thorough this course and do not even know if I will get a final game done now or not.
    goodluck on everything
    regards Aaron C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game