Game Vision Statement




Genre: Space flight simulation, science fiction, role playing game

Gameplay: The game takes place in a fictional present time, where the space race never ended and the USA (now the USSF, United States Space Federation) and the Soviet Union (now the SGE, Soviet Galactic Empire) expanded their reach throughout the galaxy, with constant show-off "contests" without a direct conflict (an extended cold war?). The governments became more and more totalitarian, until a rebellion broke out and the ILF (Insurgent Liberation Force) was created from rebels from both factions. Needless to say, the three factions don't like each other very much and control their own zones.  The player will have different interactions depending on their character/ship's stats (like in RPG's)

The gameplay consists of the player working their way across the galaxy to its centre, through various star systems (some hostile, some not), with the help of different types of space ships, weapons and upgrades.

I will go into more detail soon.


Image result for eve online

I have borrowed some ideas from EVE Online and FTL: Faster Than Light.


also I hate formatting images in blog posts as you can see.

source for image on the left (FTL)

source for image on the right (EVE)



Edit: more detail.
There will be 5 (still WIP) space ships that the player can acquire. There will be 5 (also WIP) types of weapons; chaingun, missiles, freeze ray, plasma cannons and lasers which all have their unique pros and cons. The player will upgrade their weapons with scrap dropped from enemies and weapon points dropped from bosses.
All ships are created equal! (almost) The spaceships the player uses have unique perks but no other advantages. For example a USSF ship would let you slip undetected in their radar range, but would be instantly hostile to SGE and rebels. The player will decide their character's stats at the start of the game, I'm not sure what sort of system to use yet, but I'll figure it out. For example, a player's weapons could have a lower cooldown time if the player has high Weapons skill (or something similar). 

Comments

  1. Hi Pawel,

    I really like the idea of choosing your own spaceship and having different interactions depending on the stats of either your character or your ship. Figuring out the consequences for choosing certain stats will be difficult but I think it will make choosing your ship even more important and interesting. It will be cool to see how you go about creating the journey for the player and what events you will add as you get closer to your target.

    Will you start the game at one of these factions depending on your chosen stats or will it always be the same location no matter what you choose?

    One idea or suggestion could be to separate the weapons that players can use depending on their stats (like strength for example) just for people to put more thought into who/what they choose. Overall the game looks great and I look forward to seeing it develop!

    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well a good day to you Pawel

    I must say that I have ver much enjoyed reading through your vision of what your game idea concept that you have come with here. I like the whole aesthetic of flying through the endless sea of space as the Americans, some moody rebel or the MOTHERLAND!!! fleet of ships and armies. I think the concept of a never ending civil war is space seem way more interesting then what they described in those history books when this seems much cooler and I like the whole idea that the game will play out depending on how you choose to play along side throughout.

    Anyway, I this will work as a great game and that I hope that everything will work out game with your vision.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pawel,

    After reading your ideas on the game I'm really excited to see how it comes together! Even though I'm not a big fan of video games I am really interested in your game idea. It's a very interesting concept and I really hope it comes out well for you!

    Best of luck,

    -Ingrida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pawel,

    I can see the kind of genre you are going for and I for one am very interested to see how and what it turns into because I have heard about these kinds of games but I always thought it would be difficult to grasp but I enjoyed reading your blog and I truly love your ideas. I wish you luck and your game development.

    ~~David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pawel

    I really did enjoy reading about your ideas for the game. I am really interested in seeing the finished product. I love the concept of using space as your theme and feel that space is a great setting for a game both from an aesthetic standpoint and from a selling standpoint as sci-fi has always been a very popular genre in gaming. I wish you the best of luck in the coming weeks.

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Prototype for my space game