Astral Authority Game Design Document



Note: After writing up everything I have so far in a word document, I found out about tool that's much better called dundoc. I will transfer all my information to that later. For now let's see what ideas I have for my game.

Link to PDF of my (WIP) game design document

In my GDD, I described what the game will be like, how it will play, what features will it have.

Image result for space game with simple graphics


It is a semi-open world (there will be separate star systems) casual space flight and combat simulator role-playing game (hefty name I know). It will involve dog fighting, some politics, and lots of friends and enemies. There will be an AI that tags along with the player. The HUD will look like the ship's console and the player will be able to use it by clicking it or pressing hotkeys. Several different ship and weapon types that progressively improve.

I really look forward to developing the game.

Comments

  1. Howdy Pawel.
    This is a good first game design document and a really cool idea for a video game. The setting and story of the game is great. You've put so much thought into it. I also how the it ties into the character creation part of it. I love the idea of choosing factions which can change what happens to the player. I also really like the freedom the game will give players. How will all the different HUD menus be displayed? Do you click on them like tabs? Would there be any other way to get to other planets apart from your own ship? What if instead of W, A, S, D to control the ship, maybe using the mouse the mouse to steer would be more smooth and natural. What if apart from the four starting ships to stick with that you let the player have the option to buy/steal new ships that have different abilities like being faster or more fire power. Great work on this idea. I hope to play it in the future.
    Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game