Time Strategies

Time is an abstract concept yet we all stick to it.

Alright, enough smart sounding words. Let's talk about time management.

God I really need to work on my time management.
Here's the best advice I could boil down from what my peers and my lecturers told me and what I've read about on the internet:

  • Do tasks as you get them, not before the due date
    • Seems pretty obvious but you'd be surprised how much willpower it takes to start a task as soon as you're told about it
  • Even better: Work ahead.
    • The nature of our MD module lets us work way ahead, we have all our tasks laid out for us, with a rough schedule to stick to, but we can do them ahead of time
  • If you're working in college, try to separate yourself from your friends for the time.
    • Let's face it, you're not gonna get anything done when you talk to your friends about what you did last weekend over two hours. Move away and get stuff done

Comments

  1. Hi Pawel
    I really liked reading your blog on time strategies,as I found last Semester sitting close to my friends during lectures and labs limited my attention to the topic as I kept getting distracted by talking to them. I do believe it is about moderation though and you do need time to mix with people also when not listening to a lecture of finishing up a weekly lab. I believe this in the long run will benefit us more when it comes to more communication based assignments such as for group work. Overall though good content and I am looking forward to reading more about it in the future.

    Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pawel

    I really enjoyed reading through your blog about the importance of time strategies because I know very well how hard it is to focus on the work and have enough time to be able to get it done. I really think that the information you gave on time management was very good and informative but also simple and sweet which really gave me a lot of information good ways on going about getting my work done and how I will use it to plan for the future.

    David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game