Multimedia Development and the Technology used within

So there's lots of different software and websites that we're gonna be using in multimedia development, Imma list them all here because why not.

First there's Moodle which we use a lot in other modules. In MD, we're not gonna be using it a whole lot, mainly to say that we've done our given tasks and that's really it.

Then there's image editing. Really we can use microsoft paint as it's very basic editing (resizing and cropping mainly) but I still prefer adobe photoshop as paint compresses images weirdly when you make them smaller.

We also need something for "graphics creation". My lecturer suggested canva amongst others so I'll use that, though I hope to become proficient enough with adobe illustrator over the semester to just do them myself from scratch.

Obviously there's also Unity as I've mentioned in my last blog post. Unity is great for all kinds of apps and videogames (both 2D and 3D).

Finally, we need something for notes and stuff so there's google docs, but our college provided us with access to microsoft apps as well so I suggested to my friends that we use OneNote together (basically MS Word but you can have several people type in the same document simultaneously.) this would make it easier for us to have more comprehensive notes and answer questions we might have between each other.


Below I've included an image comparison for Photoshop vs Paint
I've reduced the image to 10% of it's height x width resolution
Top is photoshop, bottom is MS paint
You might not see it immediately but the top one looks smoother than the bottom one


Image source: my own




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Revolutionary

Game Vision Statement

Prototype for my space game